Wharton AI & Analytics for Business
MSI Marketing Analytics Conference 2023 Recap
Wharton AI & Analytics for Business (AIAB) and Analytics at Wharton (AAW) were thrilled to host the Marketing Science Institute’s annual industry-leading symposium for analytics leaders, data scientists, and top researchers on May 4-5, 2023 at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
In this conference, attendees engaged with top academics and business leaders who are at the forefront in applying artificial intelligence and advanced analytics to address critical challenges facing marketing today:
- How can deep learning models analyze unstructured data to identify “interpretable spatial representations” of opportunities for innovation and patents, gaps in skillsets or strategic challenges?
- What is the role of micro and macro-influencers in targeting audiences and diffusing new products or ideas?
- As consumers turn to livestream shopping, how will AI assist dynamic customer interactions?
- How are companies using large language models such as ChatGPT to automate creative content and other marketing activities?
- Can incorporating theory on emotional response make “black box” predictive models more explainable and generalizable?
- What are best practices for measuring and managing customers’ digital experience across touchpoints and over time?
- How should behavioral scientists and data analysts collaborate to improve user experience with new technologies?
Catch up on all the conference had to offer below.
Livestream Shopping and Dynamic Customer Interactions
Associate Professor of Marketing, New York University
Applying “Explainable” AI: Using Theory to Understand AI Emotion Models
Assistant Professor of Marketing, Columbia University
MSI’s Marketing Mix Modeling Initiative Progress
Elea Feit, Alice Li
Associate Professor of Marketing, Drexel University, Associate Professor of Marketing, The Ohio State University
“Responsible AI” and Data Ethics
Miriam Vogal, JoAnn Stonier, Mary Purk
President and CEO of EqualAI, Chief Data Officer, Mastercard, Executive Director, Wharton AI and Analytics for Business
AI and the Future of Online Retailing Shopping
Nitzan Mekel-Bobrov, PhD.
Chief AI Officer, eBay
Using Simulated Data to Validate Marketing Mix Models
Quantitative Researcher, Meta
Mega or Micro? Influencer Selection Using Follower Elasticity
Assistant Professor of Marketing, University of Pennsylvania
AI at the Front End of Innovation
Director, PepsiCo Beverages North America, Innovation Insights & Strategy, PepsiCo
InnoVAE: Generative AI for Patents, Innovations, and Firms
Associate Professor of Information Systems, Boston University
How Behavioral Science Can Help Data Analytics
Stefano Puntoni, Shiri Melumad, Patrick Moriarty
Professor of Marketing, Assistant Professor of Marketing, University of Pennsylvania, SVP of Analytics Practice in North America, Kantar